Virtual Town Hall for 2020-2021 Season - Recap
09/04/2020, 12:30pm EDT
By NCCYHA Board of Directors
We will be practicing out of the Northwest Arena.
319 West Third Street, Jamestown, NY 14701
Their guidelines can be found here.
Town hall highlights:*
- Our practice times will be consistent week to week. We are still waiting on final confirmation on our times, the full schedule should be posted soon.
All teams will practice Saturday and:
Mites(8U) on Wednesdays
Squirts(10U) on Tuesdays
PeeWees(12U) on Thursdays
JV on Wednesdays
Varsity on Mondays
- With earlier practice times and longer travel, teams are organizing car pools. Please contact your team manager if you need a ride or can give a ride.
- Everyone, including parents, players and coaches, must wear a mask in the rink. Players will not be mandated to wear masks on the ice, but spectators must wear masks at all times.
- Each player will be allowed a maximum of 2 spectators in the rink. I believe the rink will have a streaming service if anyone would like to watch online. I will try to get additional information on that.
- You will not be allowed to bring outside food or drinks to the rink.
- There will be no lost and found at the rink. Please emphasize to your child (we will as well), the importance of making sure they put everything back in their bag at the end of practice as items will be discarded if left behind.
- Social distancing will be enforced in the rink.
- Locker room time will be limited and restricted, so we are encouraging kids to come to the rink at least partially dressed. We are suggesting at least shin guards and pants be worn to the rink.
- We will only have 15 minutes from the end of practice to exit the rink, so we are also suggesting players exit the rink at least partially dressed. There will be restricted areas in the rink, so dressing areas will be limited.
- No games are scheduled at this point and we are assuming that we will not be able to play in tournaments until after the new year.
- We will do our best to limit contact and waiting in line at practice and will follow USA Hockey guidelines to keep players safe.
- Players will need to supply their own water bottles for practices. Please be sure to clean them thoroughly after each practice.
- If your child is showing any symptoms of the flu or a cold, please do not bring them to practice. With symptoms being similar to COVID, we want to be vigilant in keeping all our kids safe.
- Please be sure to register ASAP. Your child will not be allowed on the ice until they are registered with both the NCCYHA and USA Hockey.
- Please also be sure to order socks and jerseys (if you need them) ASAP as we don't know when games might start and we may have short notice when it happens.
Mites do not need to order jerseys.
Squirts just need the Carolina blue jersey and socks.
Peewees need both the blue and white jerseys and socks.
They can be ordered from the registration page.
- More information will be posted on the NCCYHA and USA Hockey websites if you have further questions regarding player safety, regulations or restrictions.
- NCCYHA has no control over USA hockey and cannot guarantee a refund of their fee.
- We are constantly monitoring the situation with ice availability at both SUNY Fredonia and Cattaraugus Community Center (CCC).
- While late registration will always be accepted, we highly recommend registering now and practicing as much as possible.
- A full face shield is not required for players.
- You need to register to be a team manager, scorekeeper or timekeeper. You can register here.
- As always, if you have any questions, please contact anyone on the board.
Please visit the Calendar page to see to full schedule.
* - Thanks to Squirt head coach Nick Keefe for compiling this list. It's been adjusted to reflect the whole organization.